Join us for a yoga retreat in paradise!
This yoga retreat is the perfect opportunity to re-connect with yourself and immerse into a gentle flow of yoga postures, Chi gong, breathing techniques (pranayama) and meditation.
Located in a secret spot right by the sea, it is a perfect place to connect to nature and fully recharge the inner batteries. The healing element of water is ever present and the property boasts 3 outdoors pools right next to the Mediterranean and 2 indoor pools all filled with thermal hot water.
On a retreat you can go much deeper in the practice and start noticing the effects of daily yoga for the rest of the day. The stunning location with the most inspiring nature makes it the ideal setting to make the retreat a truly fulfilling experience for body, mind and soul as well as meeting like-minded people and making new friends.
Ischia is a beautiful volcanic island off the coast of Naples. It is one of the world’s first health & spa destinations and has drawn people to its thermal hot springs and volcanic muds for over 2000 years for its healing properties. The green island has so much to offer, lush gardens, thermal spas, beaches, ancient ruins, and endless views across the Bay of Naples. You’ll enjoy the warm hospitality of its inhabitants and the enchanting atmosphere ofthe place.
200 steps down a secret path to the sea will lead you to our magical venue situated in one of the most charming and secluded bays of the island. Being so close to nature and the mediterrean is deeply inspiring in itself and making it just the perfect place to rest from all the demands of daily life and giving yourself time to reset and rejuvenate on a very deep level.
During the day you can endlessly enjoy washing all tensions away in one of the 5 incredible thermal water pools, relax on one of the panoramic sun decks while being lulled by the sound of the waves or go and explore the various attractions of the island! We will have twice daily yoga classes in one of the two amazing yoga spaces (one indoor and one outdoor), both overlooking the sea. The evening class will finish just in time to watch the breath-taking sunsets going down into the sea.
We will be guests at the beautiful Club Scannella. The property is a piece of paradise of pure nature right by the Mediterranean making it the perfect place for such a yoga retreat surrounded by gardens, flowers, olive, palm and lemon trees.
Family owned and operated, the venue is run by Pietro and Anna, kind souls who affectionately care for the property and their guests with love. Breakfast buffet and dinner are served in the restaurant or terrace overlooking the sea. The food is simple delicious typically Italian and will include fresh fish from the catch of the day.
The private beach is well maintained and offers beach umbrellas, deck chairs as well as many flat rock areas to practice or meditate outdoors by the sea. The property boasts 5 warm pools (3 outdoor and 2 indoor), all filled with the famous thermal waters of the island.
The rooms are simple and nicely furnished, have their own private bathroom and a balcony or terrace, all with the stunning sea view. The hotel is located 200 steps going down so is suitable only if you can comfortably walk. For the luggage transport there is a cable lift so even normal suitcases are fine to bring. For day trips, Club Scannella is minutes away by boat from the picturesque villages of Sant’Angelo and Forio and taxi boats can be arranged.
Arrival from mid-day onwards. Evening dinner will be served at 20:00
7:30 – 9:30 Sun Rise Qi gong & Yoga
10:00 – 17:30 Free time to relax, explore or 1- 1 sessions (massages/bodywork with Massimo)
18:00 – 19:30 Sunset yoga & meditation
20:00 – 21:00 Dinner
Wednesday afternoon there will be no yoga class.
Departure and check out after Breakfast.
- Receive a 1 h tailored massage by Massimo
- Hot Springs: Ischia is famous for its natural hot springs, many of which bubble up right along the coast. In some areas the seawater is hot, which is absolutely marvellous.
- Hikes and walks in nature: going up the top of Monte Epomeo (789 metres high) to enjoy 360° breath-taking views of the island and beyond
- Explore Castello Aragonese, a medieval castle built on a rock near the island in 474 BC
- Massages/Bodywork sessions with Massimo are available during the day
- The old roman thermal baths
- Boat trips and visits to the nearby islands of Capri and Procida
- Shopping, sight-seeing with a Vespa (Italian typical motorbike) around the island
- Swimming in the sea. Scannella has its private access to the sea.
- Many thermal parks present on the island.
- The village of Panza is at a stone’s throw from the property, only 20 min walk in case you need to buy something.
Best is to fly into Naples, (Capodichino Airport) – (NAP – Naples).
Alternatively you could fly into Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO – Rome) or Roma Ciampino (CIA) and take thetrain to Naples.
We recommend to choose a flight option that arrives early in Naples and leaves from Midday onwards to leave you plenty of time each way to cross over with the ferry to Ischia.
Pick-up from the airport or train station of Naples direct to Club Scannella can be arranged with a transfer including taxi + boat at a cost of 42,50€ if shared and 71 € for single person non sharing.
€ 990 Double per person (shared room, private bath)*
€ 1130 Single per person (private room, private bath)
* Rate per person for two people coming together, or possibility of matching up with a guest of the same gender upon request and only if available, otherwise the single supplement will apply.
Deposit of 500 € to hold your space.*
* Please note that the above amount is non-refundable in case of cancellation.
* The remaining balance can be paid in cash or with credit card upon arrival or via bank transfer one month prior to the starting date of the retreat.
Retreat price includes:
- 8 days and 7 nights private accommodation (bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- One massage with Massimo
- Use of estate premises (terraces, 5 pools, yoga spaces, beach access, etc.)
- Two Daily Yoga Classes (over 22 hours in total)
- Use of yoga mats and props.
Not included in the trip price: air fare to and from Club Scanella, travel insurance, boat taxis, transfers and any extras 1-1 sessions (massages/bodyworks) or excursions or snacks during the day.