Relax and rejuvenate the Italian way
Our retreat is set in a farmhouse situated in S. Angelo a small quiet picturesque fishing village, just above the “Fumarole” beach, on the Maronti Bay where hot thermal vapours rise from the underground, creating a very special natural phenomenon. This little oasis of peace by the sea is the perfect setting for your yoga escape in southern Italy for a week full of charm and atmosphere.
The morning and evening yoga classes will be held either on the outdoor platform overlooking the thermal pool, beach and island of Capri, or in the spacious and comfortable “Sala di yoga” just next door. It is a truly magical experience to re-connect with yourself on your yoga mat while simultaneously connecting to such an Idyllic landscape.
You’ll be staying just a 5 minutes costal path from the most beautiful 3 km long beach on the island, the Maronti . And you will be at only 10 min walk from the pastel coloured village S. Angelo overlooking the bay, this stunning little place is truly romantic with a lot to offer the intrepid traveller: cafés, restaurants, exhibitions, and shops – all within the historical centre that can only be accessed by foot as the entire village is traffic-free, making it a tranquil place to explore.
This is a perfect yoga retreat to breathe fresh Mediterranean air, re-centering, rejuvenating and detox in the sauna, steam bath and thermal pools, with plenty of Yoga, Chi gong and meditation that will just add on to your relaxation. You will enjoy peaceful soothing surroundings to recharge your inner batteries while letting yourself be inspired by the “dolce vita”, the italian way of life.
Bella Ischia with its lush vegetation and dramatic landscapes make this blooming Island a paradise so close. The volcanic ground gives this little gem off the coast of Naples a truly amazing powerful energy. It is one of the world’s first health & spa destinations and has drawn people to its thermal hot springs and volcanic muds for over 2000 years for its healing properties. The green island has so much to offer, botanical gardens, numerous thermal spas, beaches, ancient ruins, historical sites, and endless views across the Bay of Naples.
You’ll enjoy the warm hospitality of its inhabitants and the enchanting atmosphere of this place that has so much to offer. Take advantage of the rich-in-mineral thermal sources, explore the hidden beaches and fascinating walks to Mount Epomeo the mystic mountain of Ischia. Dive deep into this culture and be inspired by its joy.
The argriturismo “Il Giardino del Nonno” (grandfather’s garden) is a place magical and simple at the same time, built around a beautiful villa on the sea with large flowered terraces enriched by two hot thermal pools, sun terraces, hydromassage and natural saunas and steam bath dug in ancient tuff caves.
All the rooms are nicely and organically tucked in along the paths of pomegranate, fig, orange, lemon and other trees, and have each separate entrance and either a terrace or a balcony. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and bright in colour, all equipped with TV, air conditioning and fan. Peace, silence, and the constant smells of nature are the ever enchanting components of this place. The views of mountains and sea intertwine. The restaurant of il Giardino del Nonno is one of the highlights of the retreat. Enjoy tasting the real traditional Ischian recipes passed down in a family tradition to Anna and Pietro and their children. They will spoil your senses and tastes with the freshest biological ingredients coming straight from the gardens and for those who like can also savour the catch of the day at dinner time and enjoy some of the great local wine. All is being served on the large flowery terrace overlooking the sea and pool. Life is being celebrated here and it just feels wonderful.
- Arrival from mid-day onwards.
- Evening dinner will be served at 20:00
- 7:30am- 8:15 am Sun Rise water Meditation
- 8:10am- 10:00 am Morning yoga
- 10:00am- 11:00 am Brunch
- 11:00am- 16:30 pm Free time to relax, explore or 1- 1 sessions (massages/bodywork with Massimo)
- 17:00pm- 18:30 pm Sunset yoga & meditation
- 19:00pm- 20:30pm Dinner
- Wednesday afternoon there will be no yoga class.
- Departure and check out after Breakfast
- Hot Springs: Ischia is famous for its natural hot springs, many of which bubble up right along the coast. In some areas the seawater is hot, which is absolutely marvellous.
- Hikes and walks in nature: going up the top of Monte Epomeo (789 metres high) to enjoy 360° breath-taking views of the island and beyond
- Explore Castello Aragonese, a medieval castle built on a rock near the island in 474 BC
- Massages/Bodywork sessions with Massimo are available during the day
- The old roman thermal baths
- Boat trips and visits to the nearby islands of Capri and Procida, shopping, sight-seeing with a Vespa (Italian typical motorbike) around the island
- Swimming in the sea. Il giardino del Nonno is at walking distance to the sea.
- Many thermal parks present on the island.
- Wine tasting at Casa D’Ambra, the island’s oldest vineyard.
- The village of Panza is at a stone’s throw from the property, only 20 min walk in case you need to buy something.
Best is to fly into Naples, (Capodichino Airport) – (NAP – Naples).
Alternatively you could fly into Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO – Rome) or Roma Ciampino (CIA) and take the train to Naples.
We recommend to choose a flight option that arrives early in Naples and leaves from Midday onwards to leave you plenty of time each way to cross over with the ferry to Ischia.
Pick-up from the airport or train station of Naples direct to Sant Angelo can be arranged with a transfer including taxi + boat at a cost of 45 € if shared and 80 € for single person non sharing.
€ 905 Standard room double per person (shared room, private bath)*
€ 975 Superior room double per person (shared room, private bath)* NO MORE AVAILABLE
€ 1115 Deluxe Suites room (shared room, private bath)*
Single room supplement 140 €
Single per person (private room, private bath)
* Rate per person for two people coming together, or possibility of matching up with a guest of the same gender upon request and only if available, otherwise the single supplement will apply.
Deposit of 450 € to hold your space.*
* Please note that the above amount is non refundable in case of cancellation.
* The remaining balance can be paid in cash or with credit card upon arrival or via bank transfer one month prior to the starting date of the retreat.
Retreat price includes
- 8 days and 7 nights private accommodations (bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- All brunch and dinners
- Use of estate premises (terraces, 2 thermal pools, yoga spaces, kneip baths, sauna, etc.)
- Two Daily Yoga Classes (over 22 hours in total)
- Use of yoga mats and props
Not included in trip price:
Air fare to and from il Giardini del Nonno, Travel insurance transfers, Tourist taxes 2€ a day and any extras such as 1-1 sessions (massages/bodyworks) or excursions or snacks during the day.
Booking is closed for this retreat.